Wednesday, May 13, 2009

13. Wednesday - April 29, 2009


KREMER - I had a job interview today, was as intimidating as hell. Wasn't feeling so great after so I walked around to think about it. On the same street, I saw this place, with pigments - beautiful powdery saturated colors - was it a sign? was this some greater force calling me to work on my own speculations? maybe I should start painting hard core again... The pigments were gorgeous and it reminded me of being in Kyoto at Nijo Castle where I met the lead shoji art conservationist. They had a myriads of pigments just like these - and the chunks of malachite and other materials right there ready to grind into powder and ready to mix with medium. An art in itself.
Think I'm going to have to go back, find a way to splurge ($$) and get myself some new pans of watercolors!

No comments:

Post a Comment